Ways to Utilize Instagram for Campaigns
Our clients are always looking to us to create campaigns, brainstorm ideas and mechanisms that their competitors have yet to tap. Many of these campaigns now center on social media, whether that’s Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. A network that many are beginning to embrace is Instagram.
Although it’s been around for a couple of years now, Instagram proved this year it is a viable network after it was purchased by Facebook. A fairly simple concept… a photo sharing network, Instagram has shot to unprecedented adoption for allowing users full creativity with the ability to choose a filter and transform the image. Users now share every moment of their day with their network.
There are many brands on Instagram, and each is using it differently. Here are a few ideas to connect with Instagram users and get your fans excited about sharing on this platform.
- Create an Instagram account for your brand and share your own photos that show products, activities and much more.
- Encourage fans to upload images to a tag page why giving them a unique hash tag.
- Ask fans to share their Instagram photos on your Facebook page.
- Have fans Tweet their Instagram photos utilizing the same hast tag as above.
If you are looking to really dig into Instagram, check out some of these great campaigns:
- Bergdorf Goodman “Shoes about Town” <http://blog.instagram.com/post/9710788424/bergdorfs>
- Topshop and Incase Photo Campaigns <http://blog.instagram.com/post/8757957084/topshop-and-incase-photo-campaigns>
- Red Bull and Pepsi <http://www.clickz.com/clickz/news/2168388/pepsi-red-bull-talk-instagram-activations>
- Tiffany & Co. <http://www.psfk.com/2012/01/tiffany-co-the-satorialist-instagram-love.html>
- Charity Water <http://osocio.org/academy/message/social_photography_in_your_communication_strategy_instagram/>